Thursday, February 4, 2010

BIKRAM RUNNING

It has got to be about 98% humidity in Sydney today. I am sweating just checking my emails. Still, I’ve decided to go for a run in the dead middle of the day. Perhaps I am motivated by my husband who – shock of all shocks – has just headed out the front door to do some drills on a nearby set of stairs. I suspect he is motivated by the list of annoying ‘we’ve just moved countries' jobs that are required of us – medicare…tax file numbers…health insurance…credit cards…drivers licences – for two kids with a limited tolerance for bureaucracy at the best of times, this is really testing our limits. I’m in the mood for a good long run, having read some serious marathon running sites last night, but imagine I might be thwarted by the two cups of coffee to one cup of water I’ve had this morning.
Still, call me strange, but sometimes there is nothing better than sweating it all out of you. Your anxieties…annoyances…grievances…the things you wish you’d said to the lady at the RTA…all can be expelled with a good sweat inducing run.
I’ll let you know how it goes…
An hour later…It was fabulous. So hot the sweat was streaming off me before I got to the bottom of the first hill, and then the rains came and mixed with my sweat to cool me off. Tomorrow I plan to run a fair bit further and am matching my coffee with bottles of water. It feels great to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...