Tuesday, July 26, 2011

THE SIMPLE THINGS IN LIFE


There is nothing more fabulous than a glorious, long, hot shower.

I’ve been fine-tuning the delicate art of wasting litres and litres of precious Sydney water for years now, but it has never been a more treasured activity than now as the full-time mum to Little Miss Q.

Initially Gregory and I took Q into the shower with us – I’ll never forget that first time when we were so worried we only passed her between us after a tentative count of three – but now she’s a little wriggly (read independent) to be held underwater with soapy hands in a cold, tiled area, so she’s graduated to the bath.

Which leaves me free to reclaim my day’s greatest pleasure and enjoy my shower without Q in my arms trying to amputate my ear with her teeth.

Today it felt extra fabulous because she has been Captain Cling-Whinge for the past few days, and it really doesn’t suit her and it leaves me so tired I can’t even be bothered to get the cheese out of the fridge and pour myself a glass of wine.

Instead I snuggle her till she sleeps (don’t tell Tresillian) put her in her cot and head for the bathroom.

Bliss.

Tis indeed the simple things in life that make it grand.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...